March 31, 2023
The Fireside Creek Apartments at 460 Kings Crossing Road are bringing 50 new community housing units to Winter Park (10 two-bedroom and 40 one-bedroom units). After several years, the project is almost complete! Winter Park Partners, LLC is managing the project and lease agreements. They are hosting two first-come, first-served leasing events on April 5 and 6. Find all you need to know to get an apartment unit below.
When are the leasing events?
April 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
April 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Located at Headwaters Center, 730 Baker Drive
What do I need to bring to the leasing event?
- Application fee of $20 per adult (cashier’s check or money order)
- Reservation fee in the amount of one month’s rent (cashier’s check or money order)
- Proof of residency and employment (must work in Grand County 32 or more hours per week or 1,000 a year). Provide contact name, phone, and fax number for third-party verification. Documentation can include:
- Last year’s tax returns
- Most recent 8 weeks’ paystubs
- Unemployment statement
- Armed forces pay stub for the past 8 weeks
- Social security or SSI current award letter showing GROSS benefits
- Pension statement for most recent month
- Affidavit from absent parent if child support is paid directly
- Monthly statement from any recurring income
- Income from real estate or rental property (include lease)
- Government-issued photo ID for all members of household 18 and older
- Social security card
All applicants over the age of 18 will have a credit and criminal background screening done.
How much is a deposit?
Rent is based on the average median income (AMI) in Winter Park and the applicant’s yearly income.
One-Bedroom Apartment based on the applicant's income:
$1,322 (80% AMI)
$1,652 (100% AMI)
$1,983 (120% AMI)
Is this part of the Town of Winter Park’s housing lottery?
No. The Town does not manage the Fireside Creek Apartments, and this leasing event is not part of the annual housing lottery. Applicants will be awarded housing on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is my likelihood of getting an apartment at Fireside Creek?
Residents interested in community housing in Winter Park have never had a better chance of landing a unit. Those who attend the leasing event on April 5 at 9 a.m. with all of their paperwork, cashier’s check for a deposit and application fee, and other requirements have a very good chance of getting one of the 50 apartments. Those who submit complete applications after the first 50 will be added to the waitlist.
Do I have an equal chance of getting an apartment if I can’t make the April 5 event, but I can attend the April 6 event?
The leases will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. If all 50 apartments are filled on April 5, those who apply on April 6 will be added to a waitlist in the order that their applications were received.
Where can I learn more about the apartments and see photos?