Welcome to Winter Park! Short-Term Rentals make it easy for visitors to enjoy our mountain town. Whether you are a renter or an owner, we’ve got a few things you should know.
We’re so excited to have you visiting our Town! We are proud of our little mountain community and hope you enjoy your stay here. Mountain life can be a bit different than what some of our visitors are used to, so we’ve outlined a few guidelines and resources to make sure your stay is the best it can be!
Good Neighbor Policies
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.*
- We have wildlife in Winter Park – leaving trash out overnight is not permitted!*
- No overnight parking on ANY Town street from October 1 – May 31, it can impede snowplows.*
- Follow all rules when dealing with open flames and make sure to check if there is a fire ban. Find more information on the Town’s website.
- Got pets? If your rental permits pets, please do not leave them outdoors unattended, keep them on leashes in public spaces, and pick up after them.
*View Town Code here.
The Short-Term Rental Policy* outlines just a few things to know so that we can all safely live, play and visit in Winter Park. It requires owners to register their units before listing on VRBO, AirBNB or other similar sites. Owners are also required to pay a $150 registration fee, approved in Resolution 1850. Every owner is required to register their property, even if the unit is managed by a property manager. Registration forms can be accessed on the MUNIRevs website at the links below. Users will need to either login or register to access the registration forms.
2021-2022 registration is due by October 31, 2021.
Short-Term Rental Toolkit
Encourage your tenants to be Good Neighbors! Find resources at Town Hall or at the link below to include in your rental. These resources provide information about Town laws regarding open fires, trash, parking, and more, plus lists out tourism websites to make sure your guests enjoy their stay and take advantage of all our Town has to offer!
In-Home Leave Behind Card - This postcard is available at Town Hall for you to leave in your rental. It outlines many of the resources on this webpage for your guests and encourages them to be a Good Neighbor!
*The Short-Term Rental Policy was adopted on March 16 in Ordinance 552.