April 9, 2020
The Town of Winter Park is committed to assisting local businesses navigate COVID-19 related closures and economic impacts. These closures have taken a significant toll on our local businesses and their cashflow during a critical time of year. While many businesses have applied/are applying for grants and loans to assist in covering expenses during the pandemic, receipt of these funds will take time.
To assist local businesses as they await funding from grants and loans, the Town is offering a 30-day payment extension for March 2020 sales taxes. Originally due April 20, 2020, businesses can request to move that due date to May 20, 2020.
Here's how it'll work:
- Businesses can request an extension of the payment due date to May 20, 2020 by completing and returning an extension request form. The extension request must be returned to the Town by April 17, 2020.
- Extensions apply to the payment due date only. The sales tax return filing date will remain April 20, 2020.
- To take advantage of this extension, businesses will be required to file their return online through the MuniRevs system. This allows staff to track extensions and allows businesses to make partial payments on their balances as they are able.
- If the return is filed by April 20, 2020 and an extension request has been received, penalties and interest will be waived through May 20, 2020. Interest will accrue on any amounts unpaid after the extended due date of May 20, 2020.
- At this time, the April 2020 sales tax filing and payment date will remain May 20, 2020.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact us: