The Future of Downtown
How do you imagine the future of our Downtown? Through this plan, we will collectively envision the future of Downtown Winter Park by:
- Focusing on Main Street and adjacent streets with the goal of making Downtown an all-season destination for residents and visitors alike
- Building off the energy and pioneering spirit of the Winter Park community and embodying its cultural values
- Aiming to increase mobility, stimulate the economy, and encourage environmental sustainability
Plan Guiding Principles
- Culture: to become a family-friendly, year-round community that embraces arts & culture and mountain lifestyle through a cohesive, unpretentious Downtown.
- Mobility: to turn a highway into a welcoming main street that is safe and vibrant, has adequate parking, better connects Downtown to the resort and other outdoor experiences, and welcomes cyclists and pedestrians.
- Economy: to develop an entrepreneurial space that encourages new economies, promotes year-round employment and generates everyday activation
- Environment: to remain a sustainable and conservation-focused community that is connected to the wilderness and surrounding nature
Public Engagement Process
Over the course of the project, three outreach events will occur to test ideas with the public, generate excitement, and pilot design concepts. We will be posting surveys and feedback from the events on this webpage and in the Winter Park Scoop Newsletter.
At our first event, we set up a table at High-Note Thursday to get live feedback from the public. People shared their opinions on design elements for Downtown through a visual preference survey, reported on where they came from, and what places they love, what places could be improved and where they park. Despite the rain, we had an incredible turnout and thank everyone for their energy and participation!