Granby Building Forms

We operate under the 2015 codes - email applications and supporting documents to Call (970) 726-8081 ext. 5 for questions about building in the Town of Granby.

For Town Excavation Permits: Contact Assistant Finance Director Cindy Seader at (970) 887-2501 ext. 200 or email. View Excavation Form

For Sign Permits: Contact Town Clerk Deb Hess at (970) 887-2501 ext. 201.

For Grand Elk Permits: Contact Grand Elk Homeowners Association at

For Granby Ranch Permits: Contact Headwaters Metro District - Lance Badger, Vice President of Development at (970) 887-5205 or

Granby Sanitation District: (970) 887-2052


Grand Fire Protection #1: (970) 887-3380 or

Inspection Requests

Call (970) 726-8081 ext. 620 by 4 p.m. for an inspection the next day. Have your permit number and type(s) of inspection needed ready when making your request.

Inspection Requirements for All New Foundations

An Improvement Location Certificate (ILC) and Foundation Setback and Elevation Certification is required for all new foundations built within the Town of Granby. If a variance has been granted for the property that allows for the construction of a foundation within the established setbacks or if a foundation is located within 5' (five feet) of the property line, an Improvement Survey Plat (ISP) is required. The ILC or ISP and the Foundation Setback and Elevation Certificate Form shall be submitted to for review and approval prior to framing the structure.