This application closed on January 16, 2024, at 5 p.m.
Hideaway Junction Phase II Application Form
January 16, 2024: This application is now closed.
The Town of Winter Park has several homeownership opportunities, including eight single-family homes in Phase II of Hideaway Junction. The Town is presently accepting applications from interested, eligible buyers. Eligibility information is available here.
All homes in the Hideaway Junction subdivision are deed-restricted in order to keep the units attainable in perpetuity. The most important deed restrictions are as follows:
- Appreciation is limited to 2% for each of the first three years of ownership and then is reduced to 1% for each year of ownership thereafter.
- Owners must meet residency and employment requirements.
- The Town of Winter Park retains the first right of purchase for any home that is put up for sale.
The homeowner's association (HOA) collects annual dues. The HOA dues are currently $180 annually.
Each homeowner is responsible for the payment of utility bills (trash removal, water and sewer, natural gas, electricity, etc.) for their property. Homeowners are also obligated to remove the snow from their walkways and driveways. The Town of Winter Park has accepted Trestle Drive as a public street and will manage snow removal and any street surface maintenance that may be required.
To be considered, interested, eligible buyers need to complete the attached application. Applications must include a written notice of financing qualification for the anticipated sale price from a lender. This application can be used to apply for all of the available homeownership opportunities in Phase II. More information and frequently asked questions are available here.
Applicants are also required to meet minimum qualifications to apply:
- Must be a current full-time resident of Grand County
- Must be employed a minimum of 32 hours a week or 1,200 hours per year for a Grand-County Based Employer
- Must show a full-time work history for Grand County for 3 out of the past 4 years
- Must not own other residential property in Grand County or list the property for sale within 6 monhts of acquisition.
Applications will be accepted through the Town’s website. Several communications will be sent ahead of the housing lottery to confirm applications and allow for corrections. You do not need to be present at the lottery to be selected. Applications must be received by January 16, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. for Phase II ownership opportunities. The lottery selection for Phase II homes will take place on Wednesday, January 30, 2024, at 3:00 p.m.
Should you have any questions, please contact Alisha Janes, Assistant Town Manager, at 970-726-8081 extension 209 or email@example.com.